I reflect on this today to show you why this website is the best choice for finding voice talent, and how my agenda would look today, in comparison to 2003.
October 5th, 2003:
9am - 12pmEST
- Gather information about upcoming jobs
- Field phone calls of those looking for talent
- Go through the talent that may be best suited for it
- Concern myself with who will actually book the job
12pm - 3pmEST
- Begin “Can you be here tomorrow?” and ‘Explanation of audition’ calls
- Explain why we thought of them for something
3pm - 5pmEST
- “How was he/she?” & “How to proceed because you know you want whom I sent” follow-up calls from day before.
- I eat somewhere during this time.
- Investigating new talent, meeting new talent, and research
October 5th, 2010:
9am - 10amEST
- Post job on Voice123 for anyone looking for voice talent
10:30 - 11:00 EST
- Listen to auditions
- Make notes
- Share inbox link with client
11:30 EST - 12:30 EST
- Contact voice talent the client showed interest in
12:30pm - 1:30pm EST
- Eat lunch
1:30pm - unknown
- Work on decision process
- What you do after this may take some time to figure out, but it is nice to know you have the rest of the day to do it!
How times have changed...
Voice123 allows for anyone, from top agents down to local small businesses, to connect directly with voice talent, who know how to work as their own business. Voice123 is an online casting director of sorts that simply connects you to voice talent using our SmartCast software, or Search Feature.
In the days of, 'Time is money!', saving money on office space, supplies, and dealing with intermediaries that expect payment for their time (which costs money and delays the decision process), doing it all yourself with another voice talent is the smart choice!
Please post a project today!