Thursday, October 21, 2010

Community: Talent Pool Resources To Get The Job Done!

Today, I received a wonderful email from a Voice123 Coach Partner, David Zema, based out of New York City. Yesterday, he wrote customer service stating a talent he coaches had been booked for a job off her demo on her profile, but she was in Memphis, Tennessee. Please see how a community of voice talent worked together, and how it was beneficial for everyone!

Email bag:

"The job for Barbara Ann Davison went off very well in Memphis today. Here's the story!

After a producer of election campaign TV spots heard Barbara Ann Davison's demo posted on Voice123 she was chosen to be the spokesperson. Barbara had recorded about a dozen tags and the body of their campaign TV spot a couple of weeks ago at my studio here in NYC.

The client called yesterday and needed her again right away. I realized she was in Memphis, Tenn. Well, the first person I contacted for a recording studio lead in Memphis was Voice123.

Then I searched the Voice123 database for voice talent in Memphis with recording studios. Your team also helped by getting back to me quickly with alternative studios for me to send to the client. I was able to get all of the information I needed for the producer by being part of the voice123 community. Brad Carson, Voice123 member and radio personality at WKQK/WMFS/Entercom-Memphis, also got back to me quickly as well. He referred me to Dan Barron, the manager of their studios.

I sent all information about the various studios and rates to the producers of the spots. They were OK with the rates of Brad's station, and recorded Barbara doing two tags for high profile senate campaigns today and met their deadline.

Thanks for your help with this!"

Voice123 sends a big THANK YOU! to David, Brad, Barbara, Dan, and the fine people in the city of Memphis, Tennessee for displaying what makes the voice over community so special!


Great community stories deserved to be talked about always!

Write us with your special Community story!

Voice123 - The Voice Marketplace

Steven Lowell
Community Development Manager
Voice123 Facebook
Voice123 Youtube Channel
Twitter: @voice123
Voice123 Meetups!


No comments: