Below are just a few reasons for talents uploading headshots (or not), and as everyone is their own business on Voice123, read below, and see if it is the right choice for you:
- To give the viewer of your page an indication of what voice to expect (e.g. Cathy Faulkner), almost to set the mood for what they are about to hear, or indicate types of work they would like to do.
- To show that you do work in other areas of the entertainment industry (e.g. Lori Taylor).
- To remove the anonymous stigma (e.g. Donna Cuddemi) of the online world by showing your face.
- To display graphic art (e.g. Steven Lowell) that you, or someone you know, has created for your profile.
- To display artwork or a website (e.g. John Driscoll), descriptive of the type of voice you market.
- 'It is a faceless industry. Let my voice paint the picture of my work.'
- 'If they knew what I looked like, they would not expect that voice to come out of my mouth'.
- 'I prefer privacy, being that the Internet is public domain'.
From the reasoning above, we hope you can think about what may work best for you!
Thank you always!
Quality Assurance Manager