Thursday, December 11, 2008

From Bad Apple to Good Apple

I recently wrote about my issues with a Mac battery that almost exploded. I then wrote about the resolution to the issue. In that last article I gave some unverified tips on how to possibly scale any issue with your Mac to the highest practical level. I asked my readers to let me know if they were successful in using them.

Well, I didn't have to wait for anybody to test them. I had the opportunity of testing them myself. Last Thursday my MacBook Pro died. I did some research online and found the reason. I called Apple and explained the issue to customer service person. He told me that I had to go to an Apple Store or an Apple-certified service provider because they couldn't help me over the phone on this issue.

Following the tips I had written myself, I asked to be transferred to the Customer Relations Department. After a few minutes I was successfully transferred. I explained the issue once again and told the lady (I didn't write her name this time) that I needed my computer fixed quickly. She told me that I could go to the store for an assessment, but also gave another alternative. I could mail in the computer to Apple, and they would take care of the shipping fees. I agreed. The next afternoon (last Friday) DHL arrived with a special box and picked up my computer. Tuesday, at 10 AM, I got my computer back via FedEx. It is working perfectly.

I am happy, now, to report that the tips I gave you seemed to have worked.

Voice123 - The Voice Marketplace
by Alex Torrenegra
President and Co-founder

No comments: